- To act as an apolitical, independent and academic organisation for narcotics study and analysis.
- To conduct research on impact of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances on public health.
- To promote and conduct research on the development of the current global policies concerning narcotics from a broad inter-disciplinary perspective including social, cultural and economic aspects.
- To serve as a centre for promoting expression of free, frank and unbiased deliberations and discussions on all matters relating to narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances amongst research scholars, experts, policy makers, bureaucrats, health workers, NGOs and institutions in India and abroad.
- To undertake projects and/or activities with a view to assisting development of the best practices and policies relating to narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
- To make available results of study and analysis conducted by the Society to the concerned international and regional organisations, governments, public health departments and regulatory authorities for appropriate changes in policy framework towards better public health, prevention of drug trafficking and associated security issues.
- To assist study centres, universities and other institutions for imparting training to students.
- To grant endowment at universities, research institutions and other educational, medical and scientific institutions for spread of education and knowledge.
- To award scholarships and fellowships on such terms and conditions as the Governing Board may think proper.
- To periodically publish a journal and other publications to disseminate research findings and opinions of informed scholars.
- To collaborate, and join other national and international institutions/organisations carrying on similar activities on case to case basis.
- To amalgamate or merge with any other institution or society having similar objects.
- To carry out any other drug related charitable activity as the Governing Board may think proper.